Alongside our dedicated team of volunteers who put on Lindfield Village Run, we also heavily rely on local businesses who have generously given their time and money to help put on the run each year. Thank you to both Potential Personal Training and Six Physio for their support again for the 2018 event.
The Lindfield Village Run is now a well-established event which sets out two cross county runs: a 10k Village Run and a 5k Family Fun Run. Both take place mostly on paths and tracks through the West Sussex countryside in the immediate vicinity of the village of Lindfield. It has often been described as an old fashioned cross-country run with plenty multi-terrain, some slippery surfaces, and the odd cow in fields!
The course is fully marshalled and marked out. The Run starts and finishes at HICKMANS LANE RECREATION GROUND in Lindfield where there are changing facilities, refreshments and some basic showers. Lindfield is less than two miles from Haywards Heath with its excellent railway services.
The Lindfield Village Run is organised by a team of volunteers, as one of the largest fundraising events for Lindfield’s King Edward Hall – a registered charity. We are just local people, and not doing this as our employment! So, please bear with us when corresponding with us about it – we may not always be as responsive as you’d like us to be. But we will always do our best.
Lindfield Village Run is two traditional cross country courses over some beautiful Sussex countryside and the next annual event will take place on Monday 28th May 2018.
Keep up to date with everything run related straight into your INBOX!
Join the Lindfield Village Run email newsletter today as we'll be sending out all the useful tips and info about the day so you can be orangised and have a stress-free arrival to enjoy the day.
VILLAGE RUN STARTS IN
5K Family Fun Run
Monday 28th May 2018 @ 10:30am
- Lindfield’s Family Fun Run is a 5k (approximately) cross country run which is suitable for adults and children alike – although Under 12s must be accompanied. The run which has been going for nearly 40 years, has seen young and old running alongside each other – and is especially popular with families – as they run together.
- The run does take place over roads, uneven ground, farmland and besides streams, and is a cross country course in the true sense of the word. Which is why many love it!
- WARNING: The 5k Lindfield Family Fun Run course has changed this year, from all previous years! So, if you’ve run it before, do please take a look at the route map here before the day. Please note: the run takes place over some private land, so you can’t practise the full route before the day.
- Download the 5k course PDF RUN ROUTES
- Registration between 8.30am-10am. NOTE: Runners arriving after 10am will not be able to collect their number. Allow plenty of time to find a place to park! 5k starts at 10.30am.
10K Village Run
Monday 28th May 2018 @ 10:45am
- Lindfield’s Village Run is a 10k (approximately) cross country run which is very popular with both amateur and more serious runners alike. The run, which has been going for nearly 40 years, takes place over roads, uneven ground, farmland and besides streams, and is a cross country course in the true sense of the word. Which is why many love it! There may even be the odd bull sharing a field you’re running through!
- Younger runners (under 12) must be accompanied on the course by a running adult.
- WARNING: The 10k Lindfield Village Run course has changed this year, from all previous years! So, if you’ve run it before, do please take a look at the route map here before the day. Please note: the run takes place over some private land, so you can’t practise the full route before the day.
- Download the 10k course PDFRUN ROUTES
- Registration between 8.30am-10am. NOTE: Runners arriving after 10am will not be able to collect their number. Allow plenty of time to find a place to park! 10k starts at 10.45.
Many runners come back to Lindfield Village Run year after year. Here's a few quotes we've had taken from runners...
As a regular competitor in the Lindfield Run, just wanted to say THANKS to everyone involved who gave up their time. It was a great event - as ever - possibly made better by the complete mudfest! A real laugh - and a wonderful way of bringing together the village.
A wonderfully fun route amongst all the mud with fantastic marshals and great organisation. The other runners I encountered were also great and really helped to make a top notch race. Personally I was especially grateful to runner number 330 who got me running again when I was giving into my demons and having a sneaky walk up one of the hills. He gave me the little nudge of encouragement I needed.
Just wanted to say thank you for a great race on Sunday. As a family of four we ran the 10k and it was a beautiful day and course - proper cross country, trail running. A few minor hiccups were more than compensated for by the 'village run' feel, the course and the enthusiasm of the marshals and volunteers. We will be back next year.
I really enjoyed this well organised event in my home village.
A great event and I'm looking forward to registering again next year!
The atmosphere was really lovely and it was nice to see the village come together and enjoy the sun and the run.